Essential oil for hemorrhoids: Whenever hemorrhoids are mentioned, the pain and discomfort associated with them come to mind. Hemorrhoids can be internal or external. Internal has less pain but the risk of bleeding is higher. Heavy piles, which occur at the anus, are more painful and painful than internal piles.
Essential oils are extracts from the flowers, leaves, and stems of plants that have many antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-pain natural properties that may help reduce the symptoms and pain of hemorrhoids. Essential oils as a natural remedy for hemorrhoids. It can be a good and safe option to get relief from.
So, in this article, we will tell you about the best essential oils to use for piles and also teach you how essential oils should be used safely in the affected areas for ideal results.
What are piles?
Hemorrhoids can happen to anyone, male or female. Most of the people above 40 years of age are affected by piles. Hemorrhoids or hemorrhoids are swollen veins near the rectum and anus. These veins may be inside or outside the rectum. In the medical world, piles are divided into two main types.
Internal hemorrhoids: These occur inside the rectum and are usually painless. However, if they break out, they can cause conditions like excessive bleeding, itching, and pain.
External hemorrhoids: These occur outside the rectum and are usually painful for the sufferer. They can also cause bleeding, swelling, and itching.
Hemorrhoids can have many causes, including:
Constipation: When constipated, stool can put more pressure on the rectum, which can lead to hemorrhoids.
Diarrhea: Diarrhea can also put pressure on the rectum.
Pregnancy: During pregnancy, there may be more pressure on the rectum, which can lead to hemorrhoids.
Obesity: Obesity can also put pressure on the rectum and increase the risk of hemorrhoids.
Following are the symptoms of piles:
- pain or burning during bowel movements
- bleeding after bowel movements
- swelling or lump in the rectum
- itching in the anus
Why are essential oils beneficial for hemorrhoids?
Essential oils are made from extracts of flowers, leaves, and stems of plants which naturally contain anti-inflammatory, and pain-relieving properties. These powerful properties present in essential oils effectively reduce symptoms such as pain, inflammation, and irritation. I can help.
Essential oils are extremely potent and can sometimes cause irritation, so to avoid this, essential oils should always be used in combination with carrier oils. It becomes safe for the skin when applied by mixing it with carrier oils.
Best Essential Oil for Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are a very painful disease and many times the patient becomes extremely worried due to symptoms like pain, swelling, and itching and starts giving up, but with the help of essential oil, it is possible to treat piles. Essential oil relieves problems like pain, swelling, and irritation. Can help in the quick healing of piles by reducing them. Let us know about essential oils for piles.
1. Chamomile essential oil for hemorrhoids
A patient suffering from piles experiences pain while passing stool. The main cause of this pain can be swelling which is one of the main symptoms of piles and chamomile has natural anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the swelling of piles. Can help. Relief from hemorrhoid swelling can be found by using chamomile essential oil.
2. Tea tree essential oil for piles
Tea tree oil is considered to be an excellent essential oil in natural medicine to reduce pain, irritation, and swelling and it is equally effective in getting relief from the symptoms associated with piles. Tea tree essential oil can be used as a natural ointment. It kills the bacteria responsible for the symptoms and reduces inflammation. Although this can be applied directly on the swollen area around piles it is considered safe to apply it by diluting it in wax oil to avoid any kind of allergy.
How to use tea tree oil for piles: Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with one teaspoon of carrier oil (coconut oil or almond oil). Ensure proper dilution to prevent skin irritation.
Apply diluted tea tree oil to the affected area using a clean cotton ball or pad. Instead of rubbing the oil on piles, apply it gently.
3. Frankincense Essential Oil for Hemorrhoids
Frankincense has been a part of natural medicine since ancient times, which has unique uses in the medical field and frankincense essential oil has been used for a long time to reduce symptoms such as swelling and pain and to relieve the pain and swelling caused by piles. This can help effectively in reducing swelling. There can be a risk of allergy if frankincense oil is applied directly on the skin and to avoid this, use it diluted in carrier oils like coconut or jojoba.
4. Clove Essential Oil for Hemorrhoids
Among the oils used for hemorrhoids, clove essential oil is an extremely powerful oil that is used to get relief from hemorrhoids. Clove oil is used to improve anal pressure. Also, it is used to heal chronic anal fissures which cause hemorrhoids. problem i see
Looks good. Clove oil may irritate people with sensitive skin due to its extreme effectiveness so it is advised to use it diluted with other oils.
5. Cypress essential oil for hemorrhoids
Cypress essential oils are included in the list of effective oils that help reduce pain, stiffness, and swelling, the most common symptoms of hemorrhoids. It improves blood flow to the area affected by hemorrhoids, promotes healing, and relaxes the rectal muscles. Helps in reducing stress. Hemorrhoids damage many muscles which increases the risk of excessive pain and bleeding and cypress essential oil reduces pain and swelling and helps in increasing the moisture of the skin.
6. Peppermint essential oil for hemorrhoids.
You may be familiar with Peppermint essential oil. It is a cooling and soothing oil. It can help provide relief from hemorrhoids. It has naturally occurring anti-inflammatory and anti-inflammatory properties that help relieve pressure around you. It works by reducing pain during bowel movements and provides a cooling sensation in conditions like irritation. People with mildly sensitive skin may have problems with it.
7. Cinnamon bark essential oil for hemorrhoids.
Cinnamon has been an integral part of our kitchen since ancient times. Cinnamon is rich in natural cumin and the essential oil of cinnamon bark can help in relieving inflammation caused by piles. It stimulates healthy tissue growth and Helps in providing relief from swelling. However, it is very important to remember that cinnamon essential oil should be applied carefully on external piles.
8. Lavender essential oil for hemorrhoids
As soon as lavender essential oil is mentioned, a pleasant feeling and stress-free environment starts coming to your mind because lavender essential oil is very popular globally but it also plays an important role in the natural treatment of serious diseases like piles. Lavender oil has strong anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce swelling in the area around the anus in piles.
9. Myrtle essential oil for hemorrhoids
Several studies have been conducted to find out the usefulness of myrtle for the treatment of hemorrhoids. There is evidence that myrtle essential oil can help reduce the pain and bleeding caused by hemorrhoids. During the research, it was also found to be effective in those working on people on whom even anti-pile medicines were not having any effect.
Myrtle essential oil cannot be applied directly on hemorrhoids, it can cause skin irritation or allergy. It can be applied to hemorrhoids in combination with other carrier oils or cold cream.
10. Horse Chestnut Essential Oil for Hemorrhoids
Horse chestnut essential oil can be used to treat hemorrhoids In 2012, researchers suggested that horse chestnut seed extract could help reduce pain and inflammation. Horse Chestnut Essential Oil for Heavy Hemorrhoids It is considered very useful.
How to Use Essential Oils for Hemorrhoids
1. Topical application
- Mix 2-3 drops of essential oil (like lavender tea tree or any other) with a safe carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil.
- Apply the diluted mixture to a clean cotton ball or pad.
- Gently pat onto the affected area, ensuring even coverage.
- Repeat the process 2-3 times daily for quick relief.
2. Sitz Bath
- Add 4-5 drops of essential oil (such as chamomile or cypress or any other) to a warm sitz bath.
- Stir the water to disperse the oil.
- Keep the affected area soaked for 15-20 minutes.
- Pat the area dry, and avoid rubbing.
3. Cold Compress
- Mix 2 drops of essential oil (like peppermint or frankincense or any other) in one teaspoon of aloe vera gel.
- Apply the mixture on a clean cloth and keep it in the freezer for 15 minutes to cool.
- Gently apply a cold compress to the hemorrhoids for relief.
4. DIY Suppositories
- Melt 2 tablespoons coconut oil and add 3-4 drops of essential oil (like helichrysum or myrrh).
- Pour the mixture into small silicone molds and refrigerate until solid.
- Use suppositories as needed for internal relief.
Dilution: Always dilute essential oils with a carrier oil to avoid skin irritation. A common ratio is 2-3 drops of essential oil per teaspoon of carrier oil.
Patch test: Before widespread use, do a patch test by applying a small amount of the diluted mixture to a small area of skin. Wait for 24 hours to make sure no adverse reactions occur.
Advice: If you have a pre-existing medical condition or are pregnant, consult a healthcare professional before using essential oils to treat hemorrhoids.
Remember, individual reactions to essential oils may vary, so it is important to monitor your body’s response and adjust accordingly.
Additional Tips for Hemorrhoid Relief
There are various types of treatments available for the treatment of piles, which include essential oils, over-the-counter medicine, and traditional medicine, but apart from this, let us take a look at some other ways in which we can reduce the effects of piles.
1. Warm bath: To soothe the affected area and relax the muscles Take hot baths without essential oils. Sitting in a tub filled with plenty of warm water can help reduce swelling and irritation.
Some people add apple cider vinegar and Epsom salts to a hot bath to make it extra.
2. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that provides moisture to the skin. It can help with the symptoms of piles. It works to reduce pain and swelling along with maintaining moisture in the pile’s affected area and reduces itching and Having to reach there while still in a scratchy state.
3. Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is used for various types of skin-related problems. According to the research of Biomed Research International, Aloe Vera has anti-inflammatory properties which can help in reducing the inflammation caused by piles. Apart from this, Aloe Vera has properties to soothe irritation, and rashes and moisturize the skin.
4. Stool softeners: For conditions where normal treatment is not easy and bowel movements are difficult, consider an over-the-counter stool softener if your healthcare provider allows it to make bowel movements more comfortable. Do it.
5. Ice Pack: Applying an ice pack is an old and popular way to reduce pain, swelling, and irritation. The use of ice packs in piles can help numb the pain, calm the irritation, and reduce the pain for a temporary period. Is.
Change in lifestyle
1. Fiber-rich diet: Increase your fiber intake through whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to soften stools and make bowel movements easier. Fiber can absorb water which can help soften the stool.
2. Hygiene Practices: After a bowel movement, gently clean the anal area with a mild, fragrance-free wipe. Avoid excessive wiping to avoid irritation.
3. Regular exercise: Engage in moderate exercise like walking or swimming to improve blood circulation and reduce constipation.
4. Drink plenty of fluids: Problems like piles can be caused by lack of fluids and keep drinking water to stay well hydrated to aid healthy digestion. Drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day softens the stool and reduces difficulty in passing stools.
5. Posture Awareness: Maintain good posture, especially while sitting for long periods of time, to reduce pressure on the rectal area. Piles can become worse due to stress and pressure.
6. Stress management: Practice stress-reducing activities such as deep breathing, meditation, or yoga, as stress can contribute to digestive problems. Be sure to get enough sleep to promote overall health and support the body’s natural healing processes.
Conclusion: Best Essential oil for Hemorrhoids
Essential oils can be a good option for the treatment of piles. The natural properties present in them can help in reducing the pain, swelling, and irritation caused by piles. These natural properties make them a solid contender for the treatment of piles. Before using essential oils, it is important to understand that this is just a part of the natural healing method which can be affected to some extent but still more research is needed on it. Treating piles using only essential oils can be risky.
FAQ: Best Essential Oil for Hemorrhoids
Q: What essential oil heals hemorrhoids?
Ans: Clove cinnamon peppermint and lavender essential oil can heal piles.
Q: What shrinks hemorrhoids fast?
Ans: More fluids, fiber rich diet, a hot bath, and exercise help in shrinking piles quickly.
Q: What gives immediate relief from hemorrhoids?
Ans: Witch hazel, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, ice packs can help in providing quick relief from piles.